Ukraine: A Cancer in Europe’s Heartland
by Stephen Lendman
Ukraine is an example of what happens when lunatics run the asylum. It’s a US-installed Nazi-infested fascist police state headed by an illegitimate anointed oligarch mega-crook.
It tolerates no opposition. Free expression is banned. Independent journalists risk harassment, assault, arrest, imprisonment, even death.
Ukraine is a dagger pointed at Russia’s heartland. It’s bankrupt. It’s perhaps headed toward defaulting on its debt.
It declared a moratorium on repayments, legislatively authorized. It’s step one toward default, short of declaring it.
Yet Kiev continues spending millions of dollars daily waging low-level aggression on Donbass ahead of escalating it full-blown.
Since taking office last year, Poroshenko increased military spending four times. It’s budgeted fourfold more than in 2014.
He wants war, not peace. He ludicrously claims Russia intends a summer offensive against Ukraine.
He lied claiming Russia has 50,000 troops on Ukraine’s border. A “Russian invasion” is coming, he blustered.
Since Minsk II ceasefire terms were agreed on, Ukraine systematically violated virtually all its provisions – key ones straightaway.
Yet Poroshenko turned truth on its head claiming “(t)here is convincing evidence that Ukraine strictly complies with the Minsk agreements and militants constantly violate them.”
“Militants regularly shoot Ukrainian positions, engage in reconnaissance and subversive activity and provoke armed confrontations in order to disrupt peaceful settlement of the conflict.”
False! Clear evidence shows Kiev forces systematically violate Minsk multiple times daily. Claiming otherwise is state propaganda amounting to Big Lies – blaming victims for its own crimes.
Kiev propaganda reads like bad fiction. Fabricated regime data published in the state-controlled Kiev Post claim complete or partial loss of 28 towns and villages since Minsk II in February.
Members of its so-called “cabinet of ministers” said so. They claim “a powerful strike force” of Russian and “separatist” soldiers target Mariupol.
Poroshenko irresponsibly accused Russia of “aggression” numerous times since conflict erupted in April 2014 – despite no evidence whatever proving it.
His baseless accusations wore thin long ago. They continue while his forces continue shelling Donbass daily.
According to Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Defense Ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin:
“Over the last 24 hours (alone), 33 shellings from Ukraine’s Armed Forces were registered. The enemy continues to use heavy weaponry.”
It includes artillery, tank guns, armored vehicles, mortars, anti-aircraft weapons, grenade launchers and small arms.
Heavy shelling continues daily – virtually ignored in the West. Propaganda reports blame Donbass freedom fighters for Kiev crimes.
Ukraine’s military wants increased funding for war. US combat troops continue training its forces for escalated aggression on Donbass. Launching it could begin any time.
Fascist regimes operate this way. Many of Washington’s close allies are rogue police states – notably Ukraine.
published damning information of its viciousness, including:
- thousands of political prisoners – 4,023 “for support of separatism,” 753 for opposing mobilization and war, or alleged collection of information about a military base;
- former opposition MP/anti-Maidan activist Oleg Kalashnikov murdered in cold blood;
- eight other former officials murdered to silence them;
- dozens of journalists arrested, disappeared or murdered – 215 openly attacked; about 100 Russian journalists deported and/or threatened with death;
- institutionalized torture of political prisoners; many Donbass rebels and civilians tortured to death;
- evidence of Nazi-infested National Guard and likeminded volunteer battalion members committing rapes, robberies and other crimes;
- terminating former Yanukovych government civil servants without just cause – some openly assaulted;
- taking control of more than 20 Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate churches;
- dozens of priests and parishioners attacked – many forced to flee cross-border following death threats;
- banning Russian media, films, communism and its symbols – mandating imprisonment for performing Soviet Russia’s national anthem;
- state control of media – regime propaganda alone allowed;
- police state prosecutions, convictions and imprisonment of regime opponents.
Obama’s Ukrainian allies are xenophobic, ultranationalist, anti-Semitic, hate-mongering over-the-top Nazi-infested war-mongering fascists.
One rogue state supports another – partners in high crimes!
His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.
It airs three times weekly: live on Sundays at 1PM Central time plus two prerecorded archived programs.