US Ties to World Forces Representing Pure Evil: Thoughts During the Holiday Season
by Stephen Lendman
The spirit of Christmas represents peace, good will, consideration for those less fortunate, as well as mutual cooperation among nations for the benefit of humanity.
Washington’s imperial agenda is polar opposite, including:
- democracy for privileged elites alone;
- government serving monied interests exclusively;
- enriching the super-rich at the expense of most others – Wall Street, war profiteers and drug industry bandits benefitting most;
- thirdworldizing America, systematically destroying social justice, creating a nation of paupers, changing things inexorably into a ruler-serf society;
- waging endless wars of aggression against invented enemies;
- institutionalizing punishing neoliberal harshness, harming America’s most disadvantaged horrifically;
- allowing US streets to become battlegrounds, killer cops acting with impunity nationwide, largely targeting Blacks and Latinos, making inner city communities resemble Occupied Palestine – virtual war zones;
- police state crackdowns on nonbelievers, thousands of political prisoners languishing in America’s gulag, the world’s largest by far, operating globally; and
- reckless bipartisan policies heading things toward full-blown tyranny.
America is no longer safe or fit to live in. Lunatics in Washington threaten everyone – during the holiday season and year-round.
No nation in world history represents pure evil on a global scale more than America – a ruthless rogue state partnering with likeminded regimes, including despots and sham democracies, forcing its will on independent countries worldwide, threatening their sovereign existence along with humanity’s survival.
Washington’s most valued allies include:
- apartheid Israel, collectively punishing the entire Palestinian population, brutalizing and murdering its people with impunity, committing thousands to its gulag for political reasons;
- key NATO partners Britain, France, Germany, and Turkey, allied in waging imperial wars at Washington’s discretion, along with committing separate high crimes against their own people;
- despotic Arab regimes, notably Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, the UAE, Kuwait, and Jordan;
- Washington-installed Ukrainian fascists, waging war on their own people, systematically destroying human and civil rights nationwide – with full US support and encouragement, using its brutal regime as a dagger targeting Russia’s heartland;
- an array of other rogue states on every continent – together waging war on fundamental freedoms.
Americans are too over-entertained, ill-informed and indifferent to act in their own self-interest. They’re unaware that the nation I grew up in long ago no longer exists – when an inner city kid with nothing going for him could get into two top schools, easily affordable, and have good-paying jobs and careers available for anyone qualified, even during less than robust economic times.
Today most college graduates are debt entrapped with limited career opportunities. For many, their choices consist of joining the military to fight imperial wars or accepting low-pay, poor or no-benefit rotten part-time or temp employment – needing two or more jobs to barely survive.
Bucking the system for justice denied risks great personal harm. The criminal class in Washington is bipartisan. One observer said earlier “(n)obody’s life, liberty or property is safe while Congress is in session or the White House is occupied.”
America’s rage for unchallenged dominance risks global war with super-weapons able to end life on earth. It’s ruthless policies take no holiday breaks – as vicious throughout this time of year as any other.
World peace and remaining freedoms hang by a thread. Perhaps we’ll awaken Christmas or New Year’s morning to WW III.
Peace on earth, good will toward all is just a meaningless expression. Daily life explains harsh reality for countless billions.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.
It airs three times weekly: live on Sundays at 1PM Central time plus two prerecorded archived programs.