A Likely Clinton-Sanders Ticket?
by Stephen Lendman
Trends forecaster Gerald Celente predicts it, a year ago saying she’ll be Democrat nominee with Sanders her running mate – “in the absence of a major scandal.”
As things now stand, his popularity among young voters combined with most women for her look likely to defeat any Republican challengers.
Supporters ignore their permanent war advocacy. Sanders’ opposition to Bush’s Iraq war belies his overall hawkishness, including supporting:
- naked aggression on Afghanistan;
- endless war on Iraq under Obama, currently on the phony pretext of combating ISIS;
- ravaging and destroying Libya and Syria, Sanders disgracing himself, saying “I support President Obama’s effort,” ousting Gaddafi, sodomizing him to death, and “trying to overthrow the brutal (sic) Bashar Assad dictatorship (sic);”
- US drone wars largely killing noncombatant civilians; and
- notorious Pentagon waste, fraud and abuse, Sanders backing the multi-trillion dollar F-35 Lightning II boondoggle likely never to operate as intended because “it will create jobs” in his home state of Vermont, Celente quoted him saying.
A Clinton-Sanders ticket should dispel the unfounded faith of his diehard supporters in his alleged populist advocacy – phony throughout his 30-year political career.
Vice presidents are powerless appendages to US heads of state, rare exceptions like Dick Cheney proving the rule.
If Sanders agrees to be Clinton’s running mate, he’ll support her recklessly dangerous agenda – including endless wars of aggression, possible confrontation with Russia, China and Iran, maybe with nuclear weapons, serving privileged interests exclusively, and likely making America more of a police state than already.
He’s more opportunist than populist. Clinton represents pure evil. Allying with her would make him complicit with her high crimes.
What’ll it take for his supporters to realize they were had!!
Ahead of America’s 2012 presidential election, I titled an article Vote Independent or Stay Home.
Voting for either wing of America’s duopoly party is like choosing between death by hanging or firing squad. Democracy is pure fantasy. Wall Street, war profiteers and other corporate predators run things – politicians their loyal servants.
A Clinton-Sanders administration may exceed the worst of others preceding it – waging endless war on humanity at home and abroad, maybe global war with nuclear weapons.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.