Anti-Trump Media Scoundrels Won’t Quit
by Stephen Lendman
He’ll be inaugurated in January as America’s 45th president whether opponents like it or not, including media scoundrels.
They’re responsible for the most deplorable one-sided political reporting in US history, relentlessly bashing Trump unfairly even after he triumphed, while ignoring Hillary’s high crimes.
A loyal reader well versed on world and national issues emailed, saying “(w)e dodged a bullet on Tuesday. Whether one hates him or really, really hates him, Trump saved us from WWIII, IV, and V.”
If Hillary triumphed and waged nuclear war on Russia, they’d be no WW IV or V. We’d all perish from immolation or painful radiation poisoning, not a pleasant way to die.
Thankfully, an emotionally unstable neocon lunatic won’t succeed Obama. Trump won’t likely wage nuclear war, relief for everyone everywhere – a reason to be grateful. Hillary’s political demise delivered Christmas early this year.
Not for media scoundrels, displeased their favorite lost, not letting-up on Trump. NYT columnist Gail Collins
deplorably savaged him unfairly throughout the campaign, on November 9 headlining “Ten-Step Program for Adjusting to President-Elect Trump.”
Utter rubbish followed not fit to print, saying “(w)ell wow. We’ve got a president-elect who a great many Americans regard as the spawn of Satan. A dimwitted, meanspirited spawn embodying the nation’s worst flaws, failings and nightmares.”
Her “ten-step program” followed, anti-journalism, saying:
“1. Start with a night of heavy drinking.
2. Acknowledge that Donald Trump is not crazy…(W)e’re trying to work with what we have here.
3. Trump has the attention span of a gnat…”
4. Trump has seemed pretty hands-off when it comes to international involvement…(H)e might…disappoint the Republican hawks.
5. (U)ntil fairly recently, Trump was a rather liberal Manhattanite (implying he’s neanderthal-like and hardline now).
6. When it comes to big domestic policy questions, to Trump they’re just applause lines or bargaining chips.
7. Don’t let people tell you that the vote proves half the American population is racist.
8. We ought to give anybody a second chance, even if it’s Donald Trump…Really, you do not want to be one of those people like…Trump’s director of African-American outreach, who told a reporter on election night that when it came to enemies, ‘Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.’
9. Try to think about some of the other election results on Tuesday that were more positive.
10. At Thanksgiving, if your family keeps trying to trade Trump insults, redirect the conversation to that great Chicago Cubs World Series win.”
This is what passes for the self-styled newspaper of record pseudo-journalism – making it a disgraceful laughing-stock and worse.
editors claim “Trump’s election threatens human rights around the world,” ludicrously calling America, the world’s most egregious human rights violator, its “foremost promoter” – while extolling its nonexistent “democracy,” adding:
“Mr. Trump appears ready to walk away from that role.” Humanity hopes so. Washington’s “democracy” and “human rights” exports may kill us all if not challenged and stopped.
WaPo: “…American pressure…played a role in pushing dozens of countries toward freedom, rescuing countless political prisoners and restraining abuses by (various) autocrats.”
Fact: Washington governs lawlessly and ruthlessly while supporting most of the world’s most barbarous regimes – notably Israel, Saudi Arabia, other despotic Gulf States, and NATO allies complicit in its high crimes.
Media scoundrels aren’t likely to let up on Trump any time soon – maybe continuing to bash him as president, much like they’ve done since he announced his candidacy in mid-2015.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.