Nikki Haley Rage Over Justifiable Criticism of Israel
by Stephen Lendman (stephenlendman.org – Home – Stephen Lendman)
Israel is a ruthless rogue state, viciously persecuting Palestinians and its own Arab citizens – killing them with impunity, imprisoning courageous nonviolent resisters falsely calling them “terrorists,” mocking democratic values and international law principles.
Washington finances, supports, encourages and partners with its rogue agenda – two nations, along with others, allied against world peace, stability, equity and justice.
Neocon Nikki Haley is rabidly Ziofascist, hostile to Palestinian rights, furious over the UN Human Rights Council adopting five resolutions on Friday justifiably critical of Israeli policies. They included:
1. Support for Security Council Resolution 2334, saying Israeli settlements have “no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation under international law,” demanding all further construction be halted, along with recognizing no territorial changes to June 1967 borders.
2. Calling for strengthening and recognizing Golan as illegally occupied territory.
3. Supporting the right of Palestinians to self-determination.
4. Demanding accountability for Israeli violations of international law in Occupied Palestine, including the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem – along with expressing support for an embargo on Israel.
5. Supporting human rights in Occupied Palestine in accordance with international law, along with condemning Israeli refusal to cooperate with the UN Commission of Inquiry.
UN Human Rights Council support for long-suffering Palestinians, wanting Israel held accountable for its high crimes, enraged Haley.
She issued a statement, calling the Council “unworthy of its name,” falsely claiming it’s “grossly biased against Israel…fail(ing) to fulfill its duty…”
The Trump administration is evaluating its Council membership, Haley roared, adding Friday actions showed “the organization lacks the credibility needed to be a true advocate for human rights.”
Washington is the indisputable world’s leading human rights abuser – at war with humanity at home and abroad.
It should either be encouraged to relinquish its Human Rights Council membership voluntarily – or be booted out, along with other members notorious for human rights violations.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”