US Human Rights Council Pullout Imminent?
On June 6 at the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) in Geneva, Switzerland, Ziofascist US UN envoy Nikki Haley raged about vital criticism of Israeli occupation viciousness – unjustifiably calling it “chronic anti-Israel bias,” adding:
“The United States is looking carefully at this Council and our participation in it,” suggesting a US pullout. Bush/Cheney boycotted the HRC for three years. Obama rejoined it in 2009.
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein addressed the June session, explaining:
Palestinians are marking over “a half-century of deep suffering under an occupation imposed by military force,” their fundamental rights denied.
ACLU human rights program director Jamil Dakwar stressed “(i)t’s hard to take…Haley seriously on (so-called) US support for human rights” given its horrendous violations at home and abroad.
According to Reuters, a US HRC pullout may be “imminent,” a matter of when, not if. On June 18, the Council formally begins a three-week session.
Last year, Haley despicably called Israel “a country with a strong human rights record.” Along with the US, it’s the world’s leading abuser, waging terror-war on Palestinians and naked aggression on neighboring states at its discretion.
Washington, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and other rogue states should be banned from HRC involvement.
Ziofascist Haley supports the highest of US and Israeli high crimes. Last March, she raged against the five HRC resolutions, justifiably criticizing the Jewish state, including:
1. Support for Security Council Resolution 2334, saying Israeli settlements have “no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation under international law,” demanding all further construction be halted, along with recognizing no territorial changes to June 1967 borders.
2. Calling for strengthening and recognizing Golan as illegally occupied territory.
3. Supporting the right of Palestinians to self-determination.
4. Demanding accountability for Israeli violations of international law in Occupied Palestine, including the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem – along with expressing support for an embargo on Israel.
5. Supporting human rights in Occupied Palestine in accordance with international law, along with condemning Israeli refusal to cooperate with the UN Commission of Inquiry.
Haley responded, calling the HRC “unworthy of its name,” falsely claiming it’s “grossly biased against Israel…fail(ing) to fulfill its duty…”
US Council participation won’t be missed if Trump pulls out. If not voluntarily, it should be kicked out along with Israel, their involvement henceforth prohibited.
A Final Comment
Days earlier, Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh said “(s)ome goals have been achieved thanks to (weekly) protests, and they will continue until we reach our goals,” including the right of diaspora Palestinians to return to their historic homeland.
June 15 commemorate Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan dawn-to-dusk fasting, marking as well the start of the 12th year of Israel’s lawless Gaza blockade – solely for political reasons.
Haniyeh joined with thousands of Gazans praying near the border with Israel. Friday protests continued, no reports of Palestinian casualties so far.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”