White House Won’t Cooperate with Impeachment Inquiry Scam
The so-called inquiry is a politicized scam cooked up by anti-Trump CIA dark forces and undemocratic Dems.
It’s all about wanting their members gaining an edge over DJT and the GOP in November 2020 presidential and congressional elections.
In the cold, hard light of day, it has no legitimacy, wanting Trump weakened and discredited for spurious reasons, legitimate ones ignored.
The scandalous dirty business is further proof of political corruption in Washington too debauched to fix.
By letter from White House counsel Pat Cipollone to Speaker Pelosi and four undemocratic Dem committee chairmen (including Adam Schiff), he denounced the inquiry scam as “violat(ing) fundamental fairness and constitutionally mandated due process,” adding:
“(Y)ou have denied (Trump) the right to cross-examine witnesses, to call witnesses, to receive transcripts of testimony, to have access to evidence, to have counsel present, and many other basic rights guaranteed to all Americans.”
“You have conducted your proceedings in secret. You have violated civil liberties and the separation of powers by threatening Executive Branch officials, claiming that you will seek to punish those who exercise fundamental constitutional rights and prerogatives.”
“All of this violates the Constitution, the rule of law, and every past precedent.”
“Never before in our history has the House of Representatives —under the control of either political party — taken the American people down the dangerous path you seem determined to pursue.”
“(Y)ou seek to overturn the results of the 2016 election and deprive the American people of the president they have freely chosen.”
The scam is more about influencing next year’s election, not the last one. The White House won’t cooperate with the McCarthy-like scheme, including not with congressional subpoena power.
Nor should all Americans, demanding the executive, congressional and judicial branches be held accountable for legitimate reasons, not phony ones.
Undemocratic Dems no doubt will pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump — ignoring their own collective guilt of this offense by their politicized assault on the executive for triumphing over media darling Hillary in 2016.
That’s what their anti-Trump rage has been all about since winning an election he was supposed to lose.
In its November 8, 2016 edition, election day in the US, virtual Hillary press agent NYT gave her an “85%” chance of winning to Trump’s “15%,” adding:
Her “chance of losing is about the same as the probability that an NFL kicker misses a 37-yard field goal.”
The Times also gave Dems a “52% chance of winning the Senate” they lost to the GOP.
The Times, most other establishment media, and Dems never forgave Trump for triumphing in an election they believed he had little chance of winning.
It’s why Obama’s CIA chief John Brennan cooked up the Russiagate scam, falsely blaming Moscow for US election meddling, no evidence proving it because none exists, along with wanting Trump delegitimized.
Battle lines are firmly drawn between the White House and Dems, following Cipollone’s detailed letter to members of their leadership.
A politicized battle royal is likely to follow in the weeks and months ahead, shifting attention from the business of governing — the outcome ill-serving the public interest no matter how things turn out.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”