NYT Russia Bashing Never Quits
The self-styled newspaper of record is a virtual deep state propaganda bullhorn, masquerading as legitimate journalism — what it long ago abandoned in service to US imperial and monied interests.
Time and again, irresponsible disinformation Russia bashing is featured in its daily editions.
On Thanksgiving Day, it slammed the notion of anyone recognizing the Republic of Crimea as part of the Russian Federation.
It turned truth on its head, saying Russia “grabbed Crimea,” ignoring history by reinventing it.
On March 16, 2014, Crimeans voted overwhelmingly by referendum to rejoin Russia, wanting a historic mistake corrected — the process judged open, free and fair by international observers.
Turnout exceeded 83%. Nearly 97% of Crimeans chose Russia, rejecting illegitimate Kiev putschist rule.
No Kremlin pressure or intimidation influenced voters. No Russian soldiers were in sight. None invaded.
US-led Western propaganda turned truth on its head, ignoring international law.
Self-determination is a universal right. People everywhere have the right to choose their sovereignty and political status with no outside interference.
The UN Charter affirms “the principle of equal rights and self-determination of people…”
Article 1 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) states:
“All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right, they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.”
A Kremlin document said reunification was “based on the free and voluntary expression of will by the peoples of Crimea at a nationwide referendum, held in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol on March 16, 2014, during which the people of Crimea made the decision to reunite with Russia.”
Two new Russian constituent territories were formed – the Republic of Crimea and Federal City of Sevastopol, given “special autonomous status.”
Crimea is Russian territory, a permanent legal status not about to change.
The Times: “Apple…joined Google, Yandex and some other technology companies in redrawing Ukraine’s borders to satisfy Moscow’s territorial claims…(O)utside Russia, Crimea remains part of Ukraine.”
Fact: No borders were “redraw(n).” The above companies, others and various nations recognize Crimea as part of Russia.
They include China, Cuba, Nicaragua, Syria, Venezuela, Armenia, Bolivia (at least until the CIA coup toppled its democratic government), North Korea, Cambodia, and South Sudan, among others.
Colonized Europe, other US vassal states, the Times and other establishment media refuse to recognize reality.
The US and EU imposed illegal sanctions on Russia over Crimea.
The Times: “Crimea…was recognized by Moscow…as belonging to Ukraine until Russia changed its mind in 2014,” adding:
“After sending (nonexistent) ‘little green men’ (sic) — Russian special forces in uniforms stripped of identifying insignia (sic) — to seize Crimean government buildings (sic), it held a referendum that endorsed the change (sic).”
“Russia hailed the vote as an act of democracy, but the West viewed it as window-dressing for an unacceptable military aggression.”
The shameful Times reinvented history, debunked above, needs no further elaboration.
Separately, the Times is unrelenting in beating the dead horse Big Lie that won’t die about Russian US election meddling — not a shred of evidence suggests or was ever presented because none exists.
The Times: “Trump is president only because a constitutional provision invalidated the choice of the American people (sic).”
“Trump lost the popular vote and might have lost the Electoral College without Russian interference (sic)…”
Fact: Trump won. Media darling Hillary lost. The Times won’t ever forgive him from triumphing in November 2016.
In its election day edition, the Times said the following:
“Hillary Clinton is favored to win the presidency, based on the latest state and national polls. A victory by Mr. Trump remains possible: Mrs. Clinton’s chance of losing is about the same as the probability that an NFL kicker misses a 37-yard field goal.”
The Times gave Hillary an “85%” probability of winning to Trump’s “15%.” She won northeast and west coast states, along with a few others.
Trump won the nation’s heartland, including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, the entire south except Virginia, and Texas.
As long as he remains president, the Times and other hostile media will continue attacking him for the wrong reasons, ignoring the most important right ones establishment media support.
They include endless wars of aggression on nations threatening no one, color revolutions, old-fashioned coups, and government serving privileged interests exclusively at the expense of the public welfare.
The Times: “(T)he Mueller report found abundant evidence that the campaign sought Russian help, benefited from that help and obstructed the FBI investigation into Russian actions.”
Fact: The Mueller probe was one of the greatest hoaxes in modern times. His report laid an egg, revealing nothing already known.
Accusations of Russian US election meddling in it provided no corroborating evidence. Yet the Times claimed it should have ended his presidency.
Dems shifted to Ukrainegate after Russiagate flopped. They’re no more successful now than earlier.
The longer they pursue their anti-Trump agenda for the wrong reasons, the more ammunition they give him and Republicans to use against them in the 2020 election campaign.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”